Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mercer University Law Library |
Non-Discrimination Policy |
ABA Required Disclosures |
Contact Site Administrator
Various Accounts to Keep Track Of
There are a number of accounts and resources so I thought it would be useful to list them so you could see where things are.
- Canvas - Login to Canvas
- Mercer's learning/course management system, required for class
- All assignments are distributed through Canvas
- CALI - Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction required for class*
- Register for an account - upper right hand corner of the CALI homepage
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
- I highly recommend them not only for research but for your other 1L classes.
- See my suggestions for ILR under the Other Stuff tab.
- Lexis - LexisNexis for Law Schools
- Procertas - technology training, required for class*
- After setting-up your account the FAQ and User Guide may be useful
- There is an assignment involving the Microsoft Word modules, see Canvas
- Other modules are Bluebook, Excel, PDF, and PowerPoint
- These are not required but recommended. Professor Hricik insists everyone needs to know how to use PDF.
- Thomson Reuters/West - Law School Portal/Law School Homepage
- Westlaw Edge - legal research materials, required for class*
- TWEN - West's course management system
- Add Course "Introduction to Legal Research - LAW 103"
- CALI Lessons - I've selected the CALI lessons related to legal research. You can access the same lessons by directly accessing your CALI account. Going through TWEN is just a different way to access the CALI lessons.
- Training - Westlaw selected lessons related to legal research; not mandatory but might be helpful
- Knowledge Center
- Lessons, Certification program
- Knowledge Areas > Explore Legal Research Topics
- West Academic Study Aids
- Subscription to Nutshells and other study aids
- Subject specific study aids - indicates which titles are available through the study aids subscription
- Create an individual account to create your own library, use bookmarks, and access the audio books
- Go to West Study Aids, in upper right click "Create an Account" (or "Sign in" if you already have one).
- Mobile App
- You need an individual account to use the app.
- Most of the title have a check box for "Listen Offline". You can select up to 30 titles for download.
- Click the icons for instructions on downloading and using the app
- Aspen Learning Library*
- Bloomberg Law*
- Not required for class but I will try to draw your attention to
- Lexis Digital Library*
Mercer University School of Law - 1021 Georgia Avenue Macon, GA 31207 | 478-301-2605 | All rights reserved.